Preparing your house for showings, especially the cleaning, can appear at first glance like an overwhelming, hopeless undertaking. And it most likely will be if you don’t go about it in the right way. There are, however, some tricks and tactics to make the whole thing much more manageable. So pay attention to these simple ways to clean up your house for showings in Lufkin.
1. Disposable Wipes – To cut down on the expense and time involved in using various cleaners and cleaning devices, just use disposable wipes. You can use them to do a quick clean on everything from kitchen cabinets to toilet bowls.
2. Rugs – And you not only want to clean up your house for showings in Lufkin, but you also need to keep it clean after all your hard work. So consider placing rugs and mats at all entrances to catch dirt before it gets all over your clean house.
3. Illusion – Even if you don’t have the time or energy to do a thorough, deep cleaning, you can still give the illusion of clean, which is almost as good. Focus on the rooms and areas that viewers notice most, especially the kitchen and bathroom(s).
4. Clutter – Of course, you know that you have to de-clutter to clean up your house for showings in Lufkin. The trick is taking a hard, objective look to recognize as clutter what you have grown accustomed to seeing. For example, get those shoes and boots out of the entry area, and remove that stack of mail and magazines from the kitchen table.
5. Closets – Don’t neglect the closets because viewers will peek and poke into every nook and cranny. So make sure your closets are clean and neat as well, using shoe racks, organizers, or whatever it takes.
6. Kitchen – Traditionally, the kitchen is the most important selling feature. Make sure your countertops are not only free and clear but sparkling clean as well. And remember to get all the magnets and “artwork” off of the refrigerator door.
7. Bathroom(s) – Usually the second-most important selling point, your bathroom(s) will be closely inspected. So you need to clean (and don’t forget those disposable wipes), but new towels, mats, and shower curtain will make a bathroom look nearly new.
8. Floors – A simple way to clean up your house for showings in Lufkin is to clean the floors, mopping, vacuuming, shampooing, and everything else involved. While cleaning floors can involve a good bit of work, those clean floors will make everything else seem cleaner and more appealing.
9. Windows – If you truly want to clean up your house for showings in Lufkin, you can’t neglect the windows. You don’t, however, need to clean the blinds because you should take them down (and maybe even some of the heavier drapes) to let in more light. That leaves just the glass to clean. But do take the time to ensure windows open and close smoothly and easily.
10. Curb Appeal – Finally, don’t expend all your cleaning efforts on the inside only. When prospective buyers arrive for the showing, they will see your lawn and the exterior first. (And we all know how important first impressions are.) So be sure to mow, weed beds, trim shrubs, and maybe touch up paint where needed.
Using these simple ways to clean up your house for showings in Lufkin, you can be ready when those prospective buyers arrive. And you’ll come a lot closer to getting your asking price. You also might consider hiring a professional staging service to make your house have even more buyer appeal.